June 12, 2015

Watermelon Cake Banner

This week, my husband started a new job.  And also, I love cake.

What do those two things have to do with one another?  Well, I pretty much like any excuse to eat cake.  We celebrate with cake a lot in our family.

I didn't want to turn on the oven that day, since it was waaaay too hot, so I picked up a little mini cake at the grocery store.  The least-girly/least-childish cake they had was this sweet little watermelon, and I used the colours as a jumping-off point to create a quick and easy banner.


And by quick and easy, I mean that I put this together in 15 minutes just before he walked in the door.  Shhhh.


The pattern stamp from I Think You're Great reminded me of watermelon seeds, so it was an easy choice.  Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush were bright and summer enough to make this pop.

That cake, by the way?  Not good.  Should've turned my oven on.  :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment