May 27, 2015

Softened Stamps - technique tutorial

Hello friends!  I'm back today to show you a quick and easy technique.  Check it out on the floral background shown here! 


This technique softens your images and lets them run slightly, creating a slightly water-coloured effect without the stress or fuss.  Here, I used the flower from Polka Dot Pieces (on our retirement list!) and stamped it in Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Baked Brown Sugar (also retiring!)  Once my images were stamped, I got out my spritzer and sprayed the page.  That's it!  Super easy and totally changes the look of the stamps.

When I created this background, I had a TOTALLY different card in mind.  I had aimed for the stamped background softened with spray, topped with a sheet of vellum with an embossed sentiment on it and embellished with the little banner/heart/thread combo.  I put it all together aaaand.... I hated it!  It sat on my desk for a few days, then I tore it apart but saved the sheet of background.  After staring at that for a few days more, I cut a circle out of it and created this card.  Don't be afraid to undo what you don't love and re-work it until you do!

We are now in the while supplies last phase of our retirement list!  Yikes!  Hurry over to my 24/7 online Canadian store with the links below and grab these fab goodies before they're gone!


1 comment: