February 22, 2015

Bokeh Technique - the EASY version!

A couple of weeks ago, I shared the Bokeh Technique tutorial on my blog - a beautiful mess of water colouring, craft inking, and heat setting to create a faded, dotty background reminiscent of bokeh in photography.  While this technique is super beautiful, it's not for the very-beginner - most new stampers don't have the supplies and the technique may be a bit overwhelming - so I set to work to create a simpler version.  


This one is DEAD easy.  I promise!

This set uses the Hello There hostess set; inside this set, there is a perfect circle of rubber that most people would throw away.  It's the inside of the circle frame.  Keep that bad boy!  Those wonderful little circles are great to have on hand!  Another set that has these perfect circles that you should never throw away is Daydream Medallions (and in lots of sizes, too!)  The smallest circle (in green) is stamped with a Paper Pumpkin stamp, but you could sub in the end of a pencil eraser, too!

I've only used one colour of ink with each set of circles - for the lighter version, just stamp once onto scrap paper before stamping on your card.  For the darker version, stamp full-strength!  It's honestly as easy as that.

This card uses Blushing Bride and Wild Wasabi, with Baked Brown Sugar for the sentiment.  Sweet and subtle.  Add a few embellishments and you're done!

I hurt my knee last weekend in an epic Superman-style fall in the road, so I've spent the week plunked on the couch resting and icing.  As a result - I'm up to my eyeballs in my to-do list!  I may be "off" for a few days; we will see you again soon with new inspiration!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment