December 07, 2015

Wonderland - Luxe Holiday Decor Block

Hello friends!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Last week, my fabulous Stampin' Up! upline, Allison, hosted her annual team get-together and gift exchange for Christmas.  She had her whole team (minus a few unlucky ones who couldn't make it!) over to her beautiful studio for a home-cooked meal, some crafting, and a gift exchange.  We've done the gift exchange before, and it's a blast - we have one rule, and it's that your item must be handmade.  My stampin' sisters are an amazing bunch of very talented women and the gifts never cease to impress!

I decided to put together a little piece of holiday decor to give to my gift recipient.  I've been borderline OBSESSED with the Wonderland suite lately, and I knew that beautiful collection needed to be part of my gift!

I've been hoarding some Decor Blocks from Stampin' Up for longer than I care to admit - they were retired quite a few years ago, and I still had an unopened box of four in my closet.  I'd been saving them for a special occasion, so why not now?

Here's what I whipped up.


Each side of the block has a different piece of the Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP on it - the beautiful black, white, and gold patterns are just gorgeous and each one shines!  I decorated the front first, using the Wonderland stamp set and Winter Wonderland vellum - a lot of shiny embossing powders! - and then spun it around to do something a little bit different on the back.


On the back, I decided to make it a little more modern and funky to provide an alternative from the rather traditional front - that way, it's got some options depending on the recipient's decor!  This side used more sparkle, more twine, and a funkier sentiment.   A big piece of Whisper White Satin Ribbon tied around the whole block and into a big bow at the top finished it off. 

The recipient of my gift was my beautiful friend MaryAnne, and she loved it - perfect to bring some holiday cheer to her desk at work, she said!  

Thank you so much for stopping in today.  If you haven't noticed, I'm on a blogging roll lately - so check back tomorrow for another holiday project!  Tuesday will bring us a giftable remake of the last Paper Pumpkin kit.  See you then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment