December 24, 2015

Wonderland Cookie Packaging

I can hardly believe that the big day is almost here and this will be my last christmas post for 2015!  It's crazy how times flies, isn't it?

I'm sure you're up to your eyeballs in prep, but just in case you've got a few minutes to sit down and put your feet up, I wanted to share a little something on the blog today.

Our Petite Cafe Bags are perfect for wrapping up cookies to send home with your dinner guests, or pre-loading with cookies to bring as a host gift!  They're a decent size - not too big but not too small - they're lined with food-grade wax so they don't bleed, and they have an easy twist closure.  But unfortunately, what they have in function, they lack in style.  But that's no problem when you're crafty!


This bag is packed full of my famous cinnamon shortbread - they're pretty much the stuff dreams are made of, and each year, I get asked for more... this year I made 28 dozen of them and there are only a handful left in the freezer for dessert tomorrow!

The beauty of dressing up these bags with a folded tag like this is that you can make the tag WELL in advance - I mean, kind of late notice to tell you this now, but I had good intentions!  Once you're ready to go, you can just pack up the bag and staple the tag over the top.  So easy and so pretty!

But about those shortbread... I can't leave you hanging without sharing the recipe!

Cinnamon Shortbread: 


1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon extract
1/2 cup corn starch
1 1/4 cup flour


Beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy.  In separate bowl, stir together corn starch and flour until mixed, then gradually add to the butter mixture.  Beat until consistent dough forms. 

Roll into 1" balls and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.

Frosting:
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon extract
Cinnamon hearts

Beat all frosting ingredients until smooth, creamy consistency is reached.  Spread or pipe onto cooled cookies.  Top with a cinnamon heart.


Trust me; you'll want to add these to your baking list in the future!  They are totally to die for.

I hope you have a beautiful Christmas Eve tonight and a fabulous Christmas Day tomorrow, filled with good food and good company!

Cheers,
Shannon 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I may have to try this for Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing your recipe Shannon!

    ReplyDelete