December 30, 2015

Stampin' Up Artisan Blog Hop: From Holiday to Occasions


Hello friends, and welcome back to the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  We are so excited for another trip around the world today - make sure to visit all 20 Artisans, and don't hesitate to use the "Translate" button on your browser so you can see what's up with everyone!

The week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day is my favourite week of the entire year.  It is so calm and peaceful, without all of the holiday chaos, but there's still that wonderful magic in the air.  The evenings are so calm and quiet, there's nothing on the to-do list, family is gathered... it's so special!

It's also one of my favourite times of the year for Stampin' Up!  We are in the transition period where the Holiday Catalog is ending and the Occasions Catalog is beginning!  I decided to use this transition as my inspiration; today, I want to show you how you can bring your Holiday products into the year ahead!


I chose this picture of my son for a scrapbook page layout; it pretty much summarizes summer to me, and it's the last place you'd think to use Holiday products.  Right?  But this page uses some of the Wonderland suite as well as the Project Life Seasonal Snapshot 2015 card and accessory collections from our Holiday 2015 catalog.  But since we're welcoming Occasions 2016, I've also used two of our brand new stamp sets, "Picture Perfect" and "Timeless Textures," and our brand new "Love Blossoms" Designer Series Paper Stack.  Don't feel like you need to put your holiday favourites away just because January is here; just repurpose them into your current projects!


This page captures a really fun moment and a very special family trick that is becoming a tradition.  When my brother and I were kids, my dad would start every beach vacation with a trip to the gift shop to buy a basket of shells.  He would bury those shells in the sand and drop them into the shallow water for my brother and I to find; we have the most amazing memories of finding so many beautiful shells on these trips.  The ocean always washed up the best treasures just for us!  I didn't know that my dad was behind it all until I was in my 20s.

My dad is a grandpa now, and this past summer, our visit to his home on Lake Erie meant that this tradition has now carried into another generation.  My son was blown away by the awesome shells he kept finding on Grandpa and Bapka's backyard beach!


Thank you so much for dropping by today and reading about this little piece of my family story; I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope this helps you get more mileage out of your Stampin' Up stash!  

Next up - check out the amazing Steffi Helmschrott and see what she's got up her sleeve!  


Have a very happy new year, my friends, and I'll see you again in 2016!

Cheers,
Shannon

12 comments:

  1. I love this tradition! What a great memory for you and now for your son. And I love this scrapbook page. The collage style and mix of products you've used is fun and perfect. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you placed this starfish on a beach layout. I had the same thoughts but couldn't find a suitable photo in my stash! Totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scrapping layout! I love all that clean, empty space at the top, the starfish tumbling across, the collage stamping,...okay, I just love ALL of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that page Shannon! You mixed all of the elements together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect page and such a great story! Your dad must be a really great guy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page--the collage with the photo made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Shannon! Can't believe how many amazing products you squeezed onto one page and how well those 'holiday' products work on a beach theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Shannon - love the picture, the colours, everything! I had to look a couple times to see the holiday products you used for this summery theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this gorgeous layout Shannon. What a fabulous way to showcase those pretty starfish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon, I teared up a little reading about how your dad scattered shells for you to find. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story. How special that you son now has that experience. Your scrapbook page looks like it came from a magazine and I'm so in love with it. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you mixed the old with the new products for this layout girlfriend. Great layout and adorable kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete