January 21, 2015

Snuggles and Smooches

What a cool day today has turned out to be!  I received an email this morning from Stampin' Up!'s home office to notify me that my project has been selected as a winner of their Paper Pumpkin challenge!  We were invited to submit alternate projects made from stamps in past Paper Pumpkin kits.  I submitted a few cards, and something - I don't even know what yet - was chosen.  Woo hoo!  I'm getting spoiled with a mini shopping spree, so I'll be cashing that in later this week!  Can't WAIT! 

In other news - while we're on the Valentine's Day theme on the blog, I thought I'd share a little something from Snuggles and Smooches, one of our newest photopolymer stamp sets.  Have you seen this one yet?  It's adorable!  So fresh and fun.  The swirls can be used in so many ways and the sentiments are so versatile, this set can be a staple all year 'round.  


I wanted to go non-traditional colours for this valentine, so I opted for a fun pallet of Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, and Blackberry Bliss.  Three of my favourites, for sure.


Those swirlies make a great background AND a fab focal point - the background was done with Whisper White craft ink, and the bundle of "flowers" was done with embossing resist.  It's a super fab technique - stamp with Versamark, emboss with white Stampin' Emboss Powder, and heat set.  When you're done, just sponge over it with the colour of your choice.  So easy.

Have you made any valentines yet?  What sets and colours are you using?

Cheers and see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment