January 30, 2015

Porthole Shaker Card - Sea Street

Do you ever think you have a super clever idea, only to discover late (via Pinterest, of course!) that someone beat you to it?  Ack!  This nautical card with a "porthole" shaker was totally one of those.  Still totally worth sharing, though - I think it's adorable!  


So adorable, right?  The Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine ties into a perfect square knot to make a great nautical accent.  Sea Street is the PERFECT stamp set.  I paired this one with the "Best Dad Ever" stamp from And Many More - my dad loves to fish and spend time on the lake, so this will be heading his way on Father's Day.  Plus, he's the best dad EVER.  :) 


I love adding a fun little shaker to cards - even better when paired with stamped, cut-out images that pop right in so nicely.  The octopus makes a great background and the crab and starfish float around beside him.  The "porthole" was created by stamping the outside frame with the Hardwood background stamp, then adding the Silver Mini Brads.  I absolutely love the look of it.

Thanks for popping by - I love that you take time out of your day to share with me!  Cheers! 

1 comment: