August 30, 2014

Hooray - it's DONE!


First of all - I just had a super-proud mommy moment that I have to share. As I'm editing photos and getting my blog posts ready for the week, my son is colouring beside me. He just picked a purple crayon and said "Oooh, Blackberry Bliss! I like Blackberry Bliss." Me too, bud. Me too. (He's two, by the way.)

This card has been a thorn in my side this week (if you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I've been doing and undoing it all week!) I'm super happy that it's done, and I'm even happier with the results. I tend to save things and hope I can salvage them down the road when I'm not entirely happy with my creation - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's so rewarding when it does.


So HOORAY!  It's done!  "A Happy Hooray" arrived in my parcel last week, and I was dying to use that set.  Of course, I never limit it to just one and pulled "Amazing Birthday" and "Perfect Pennants" to mix with it, as well as a few other little embellishments, embossing, and another embossing-folder-turned-background-stamp (one of my favourite uses for the Honeycomb folder!)  


The feathers are one of my favourite parts of this card - embossed in gold on Hello Honey cardstock, then scored, folded, and cut with notches for a bit of depth and dimension.  They really add a "wow" factor to a simple stamp!  



I'm so happy I stuck with this and pulled it all together!  

See you again soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment