August 21, 2014

Faux Distressed Beach Wood Shaker Card

Today is one of those unpleasant, dark, rainy days around here where it's hard to get your butt up off the couch - how about a fresh, light beachy-card to brighten up the day?? 

About a month ago, I was browsing for ideas to redecorate our powder room and came across this amazing wallpaper that resembled peeling, distressed wood that I'd envision on the side of a beach house or lifeguard stand.  I absolutely fell in love with it and haven't been able to stop thinking about how to work this idea into my crafting.  A few weeks later, I randomly found this gorgeous card by Chari Moss that had exactly the look I was going for.  I try to avoid CASE-ing and keep it original, but oh!  This card was so beautiful and I had to do my own take on it.  Hers was made with distress wood patterned paper, so I improvised with our Hardwood background stamp and Gorgeous Grunge.  I absolutely love how it turned out and it's one of my all-time favourites.


The colour combination - Whisper White and Smoky Slate for the neutrals, and Pistachio Pudding, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky, and So Saffron for the colours - really makes me think of warm summer days, and the gold flecks in the shaker and gold sequins on the twine create the perfect balance between glam and rustic.

Have you made a shaker card before?  It's a super easy technique that's really quite stunning.  You can fill your shaker with whatever tickles your fancy - glitter, sequins, beads, sprinkles, or in this case, cardstock cut into tiny pieces.  

See you again tomorrow!  I've got a bright, fun card to share! 


Product List

1 comment: