August 13, 2014

Blackberry Bliss + Gold = OBSESSED!

I am SO excited to share today's projects with you - they combine so many of my favourite things - my favourite Stampin' Up In-Colour EVER (Blackberry Bliss, obviously!), gold, watercolouring, cameras, chocolate, sequins and twine... Oh MY!

I must confess that I've never been a gold lover; I'm pretty non-traditional in my own style choices, and gold always seemed so fussy to me. Stampin' Up introduced a huge line of gold embellishments this year, though, and it totally changed my mind. It's the perfect touch to add a little something special and really take a project to the next level.

First up - this fabulous card! I really love to mix and match stamp sets, and this is no exception. "Off The Grid" (the gold-embossed background) is recently retired (NOOOO!) but could easily be substituted with Gorgeous Grunge. The "roughness" of the background takes away from the prissiness of the gold and really balances out, I think. Snapshot is one of my new favourite focal images (I love photography and am a slave to my DSLR!) and the sentiment (from the Project Life collection) is... well... Picture Perfect!


Next up is this sweet little treat box.  You saw that I mentioned chocolate, right??  This little box is the perfect size to hold some Hershey's Kisses, so it's packed full with as many as I could cram in there.  I love making little projects like this and sneaking them into friend's mailboxes or leaving them at their desks.  They're really easy to make, too - just a few clicks and scores with our Envelope Punch Board and you're there!  They would be simple and adorable for wedding favours or place cards for a holiday dinner. 

See those curly gold threads under the banner?  Those are from the gold Baker's Twine at the top - just snip a piece and pull out the gold!  It curls automatically and can be easily adhered and looped up with a Glue Dot.  Love it!  



All of the fabulous supplies in these projects are listed below - just click on the link and it will take you right to my Canadian Stampin' Up online store!  

See you again soon for your daily dose of colour!   
Product List
126255s
Itty Bitty Banners Wood-Mount Stamp Set
[126255]
...
103954s
[103954]
$20.95
129053s
[129053]
$36.95
133519s
[133519]
$15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment