May 25, 2015

Sneak Peek: You've Got This.

Good morning!  New week, new day, new stamp set!  I'm excited to preview another stamp set from the new catalog today: You've Got This.  This gorgeous double-set combines two fabulously large statement images with sentiments in a fantastic font.  Beautiful!  


I'm also sneak-peeking FOUR of the five new In-Colours.  (Yep, I'm still leaving you hanging on Mint Macaron!  It's coming soon, I promise.)  I've seen a few comments around the internet that these new In-Colours don't go together, and, um, what?!  Sure they do! They're all gorgeous on their own, together, and in combinations with our last In-Colours AND our regular colour collections.  They're just fabulous.  Shown here are Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon, and Cucumber Crush (all painted with the Aqua Painter on the flower) and Tip Top Taupe (on the background stamp.)  A touch of new Dotted Lace Trim peeks out from below the sentiment, and the Typeset DSP provides a touch of interest around the border.  Super easy and lovely!

Another little tip I'd like to share today:  I'm kind of obsessed with the look of Embossing Paste, but it's expensive (and Stampin' Up doesn't sell it... yet...) so I refuse to buy it.  I was making this card and wished I'd had some paste to add a bit of texture to the background.  Vellum to the rescue!  A few little hexies cut and pasted to the back of the flower gives a look of faux embossing paste, and it couldn't be easier (and WAY less messy than the real deal.)

How excited are YOU for the new catalog??  We're just over a week away!  Can't WAIT!

Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't even notice the hexagons until you said it! What a cute touch! I have looked for the paste but can't find it! So I'll wait for SU lol. Lovely card Shannon!

    ReplyDelete