May 09, 2015

Half-and-Half Stamping - Technique Tutorial

What if I told you I had a fabulous stamping technique that really takes your steps-up your cards, but all it requires is two ink pads?  No special tools, no special skills, no experience, no practice.  Seriously.

Let me introduce you to what I like to call Half-And-Half stamping.  I'm sure this has some other name that I'm not aware of, but that's okay - we'll call it Half-And-Half and hang out here together.

I'm demoing this technique today using A Happy Hooray, one of our retiring stamp sets.  This is one of my favourite sets.  It's super easy to use - just something you can pull out and create away with.


Pretty, right?  And the technique is seriously so easy.

Are you ready for the instructions?

1.  Stamp entire stamp in light colour.
2.  Stamp half of stamp into darker colour.
3.  Stamp on paper.


That's it!  You're done!  And you've got a fabulous stepped-up card to show for your efforts.

You can add as many colours as you want to a stamp - just be careful not to overlap once you're out of that lightest colour!  And, uh, pay attention, maybe pause the Netflix... I may or may not have stamped Bermuda Bay into my Crushed Curry and then had a minor meltdown while trying to blot it out.  Whoops.

Keep in mind that the overlapping ink will cause your colours to change slightly - Rose Red looks rather orange when layered on top of Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay turns much more green than usual.  Have fun experimenting and finding combinations you love!

I'm going to do the forbidden and take Sunday off, but I'll see you again with more retiring features next week!  (PS - also leaving us?  The Spiral Border Punch!  Click the links below to shop my Canadian online store 24/7.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment