February 15, 2016

How We Spent V-Day 2016

Hello friends!  I hope everyone had a wonderful week!  I haven't been around for over a week and I'm so very sorry, but I have been creating up a storm instead - I've got lots of posts coming up for you! 

I wanted to start the week with a little recap of our homemade valentines.  I would've shared the card I made for my husband earlier, but I didn't want him to see it!  And also, I finished it five minutes before we ran out the door for dinner.  If we're being honest.  :) 

I wanted to make something graphic and masculine - I had an idea in my head in the middle of the night that I scribbled onto a post-it note (this is why I keep them by the bed...) and this is what it turned into!  I wanted to go with a Kraft cardstock base - it's a bit "raw" and quite masculine, but also very neutral - one of my favourites! - and then dress it up with some black and white, graphic prints, a piece of wood, and a pop of red.  


The piece of wood is from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit - what would typically be thrown out when the hearts are gone makes the perfect large-scale and masculine embellishment!

After this was done, I decided the cupcakes my son and I had baked earlier in the day needed some simple matching toppers.  I used that polka-dot heart and silver thread as a jumping-off point and whipped these up as well.  We delivered cupcakes to some neighbours and my son took some with him on his "dinner date" (my bestie and her husband took him so my husband and I could go out for dinner.)  They looked adorable on the Chocolate Cinnamon Heart cupcakes!


I hope your Valentine's Day was fabulous, regardless of who you spent it with or what you did!  

I'm very excited to be participating in another Sale-A-Bration International Blog Hop tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop in to see what we've all created!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment