September 25, 2014

Fall/Thanksgiving challenge (and Inspired by Home Depot!)

Periodically, my upline, Allison, will issue a challenge to her team.  I love doing them - it inspires me to work outside my comfort zone and create something I likely wouldn't have done otherwise!

This week's challenge was Fall/Thanksgiving, and this is what I came up with!


The funny thing about this card is where my inspiration came from - my husband and I were driving by Home Depot recently and I said "Oh my god, I love the colour combination on that Home Depot sign!  I need to use that in a card!"  And my husband said "You mean orange and white?!"  I think he thought I was a crazy person.  (Well, more than usual, at least.)  They had this little sign out on the boulevard that was Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry - how gorgeous is that combo?!  I added some gold, burlap, and Baked Brown Sugar to create the card above. 

Oh, and that background?  The Tiny Triangles embossing folder.  If you're not using your embossing folders as background stamps already, WHY NOT?!  Try it on your next card!




1 comment:

  1. I love your card...found you via pinterest! Great idea with that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete