December 04, 2016

Watercolour World Peace

Good morning, my friends!  I hope you're having a lovely weekend.  I've been spending time with my momma, who came for a visit this past week, and we've been prepping for Christmas like mad women - putting up the tree, shopping and wrapping gifts, and playing board games and sipping tea.  It's been a lovely week!

It was time for a quick update and I wanted to share one of my recent favourites.  I mentioned lately that I've been working on watercolouring - this is another one of my test projects.  Non-specific shapes are so much easier, so I started with jars and globes.  I just love how this one turned out.


That pretty watercolour globe needed to be the centerpiece, so I accented it with lots of neutrals - white, silver, ivory, clear, vellum, and some texture without any colour.  It lets the focal point shine.  

I hope you're having a great day - the countdown is on until the big day - three weeks to go!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment