December 25, 2014

Triple-Up Thursday: Visions of Santa!

It's another Triple-Up Thursday - a regular feature where I take one stamp set, a set of 5 colours, and create three 3x3" cards!  Proof that you don't need a ton of supplies to make fabulous creations.

I was SO excited when I saw that Christmas falls on a Thursday this year - the Visions of Santa stamp set was calling my name!  This is - I hate to say it - a love it or hate it set.  People either think it's SUPER fun, or SUPER creepy.  I love it - it was a fast favourite when I first saw the holiday catalog.

Anyway, onto my cards!


I chose a mix of traditional and non-traditional colours this time - and I cheated and added a bonus colour, but it's Basic Black so that doesn't really count.  Right?  Everyone has a black ink pad!  I had lots of fun mixing Real Red, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, and Basic Black.

The images in this set lend themselves to making custom DSP, so I went with that theme.


(If you don't know how to resize the speech bubble framelits, google it - it's one of my favourite techniques!) 


Love that moose in his onesie.  That DSP was a little scrap from my stash, from the coordinating Santa & Co. DSP.


SUPER simple card, with that sweet little gold star clip - the perfect touch for Christmas!  

I hope you enjoyed this week's Triple-Up Thursday - see you again soon!  

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment