April 21, 2017

Display Stamper Blog Hop - Day EIGHT!


Hello friends - welcome to day eight of our ten-day Display Stamper Blog Hop!

Today I'll be show-casing the Celebration Time stamp set and two of the new In-Colours, Powder Pink and Berry Burst.


This first card was made using Powder Pink cardstock - which, incidentally, was the only In-Colour that remained a surprise to me until I saw the new catalogue!  While I had the cardstock to work with, I didn't have an ink pad and I had no idea what the colour was called.  I actually had a dream about it a few nights before OnStage (yes, I dream about Stampin' Up!) and in my dream, it was called "Sour Soup."  Worst name EVER!  I was so relieved to find out that wasn't accurate!

Powder Pink is darker than Pink Pirouette and lighter than Blushing Bride - it's fresh, sweet, and subtle.  And it's pairs PERFECTLY with Sweet Sugarplum.


I'm not a girly-girl, but the sweet touches of this card make me swoon a little.  I love the shine of silver, the delicate vellum butterflies, and the soft, delicate ribbon.  The Finely Woven Ribbon is so soft and supple; you'll fall in love with it for sure.  While the floral print is from Wood Words, the cake, bow, and sentiment shown here are all from Celebration Time.  It's a really lovely and very versatile set.

And speaking of Celebration Time...


This card has a fun pop of colour thanks to Berry Burst, and a touch of glam courtesy of the Mini Sequin Trim and gold-embossed cake.  So cute, right?!  The banner shape is from Celebration Time as well, but you'll be pleased to know it coordinates perfectly with the Large Numbers Framelits Dies!  Also making a glorious comeback this year: Glossy White Cardstock!  While it works with a number of really cool techniques, it doesn't have to be complicated.  It adds a special touch to a simple embossed background like this. 

Let's go see Tanya again and see what's new in her neck of the woods!  


Thanks so much for stopping by today - see you again tomorrow for more of the display stamper fun!  
A note about my product list below: as the brand new items are currently unreleased, I'm unable to link to them in my online store.  I recommend jotting down the names of your favourite items so you can check back when the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Catalogue goes live on June 1st!  Others - like the Bitty Butterfly Punch and Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape - are retiring and only available while supplies last.  Hurry!  You don't want to miss out!  

Cheers,
Shannon

The Display Stamper Blog Hop includes:


Shopping in Canada?  Use the links below
to shop the products used to make this project.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with the swoonin' with you sister! These are amazing! And this stamp set wasn't even on my radar before. Thanks for that ;)

    ReplyDelete