March 16, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams: Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop





Hi friends - thanks so much for visiting today for our Artisan Design Team blog hop!  After saying G'Day to Rochelle in Australia, you're now with me, Shannon, in Canada, and will be off to say Guten Tag to Sylwia in Germany next - we've got a trip around the world, so get comfy!

Today's product feature is the Dragonfly Dreams bundle - oh, this one is SO swoon-worthy!  I chose a colour pallet of blues, greens, and yellows, and got to work with the watercolour.






Can I tell you a secret?  I'm pretty convinced that I've learned the best thing there is to learn about watercolouring.  Are you sitting down?  KEEP GOING.  That's it.  That's my big revelation.  Everything looks like garbage when you start, and then it seems to get worse - and then a LOT worse - before it gets better.  Just keep at it.  Push through the ugly.  I promise it's worth it!  (Or maybe that's just me?!)



I think my favourite part of this card is where I added the Wink Of Stella - I learned that if I squeeze my brush, I get some bubbles of the glimmer that leak out of it.  "Sticking" those bubbles to my card and letting them pop and dry resulted in these cool little patterns - super neat, right?





And of course, it's still Sale-A-Bration, so let's talk about my favourite F-word: FREE.  The amazingly gorgeous Bermuda Bay glimmer paper (which comes with Sweet Sugarplum and Mint Macaron glimmer paper, too) is FREE with a $60 order, which means it is yours with the purchase of the Dragonfly Dreams bundle!  Huzzah!


Now let's go see Sylwia and check out what she's been up to...



http://stempel-einfach.blogspot.ca/2017/03/artisan-mar-2.html


Thanks again for coming by, and have a great day!

Cheers,
Shannon


The 2017 Artisan Design Team is...

Shopping in Canada?  I'd love to help you create!
Use the links below to view these items in my Online Canadian Stampin' Up Store.

10 comments:

  1. O-mi-goodnes Shannon, my Jaw dropped when I saw you card! This is stunning! and the wink of stella!!! I didn't know it could do that! Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that this is stunning! And yes - always push through the ugly when it comes to mixed media!! That glimmer paper is amazing!! I still haven't gotten mine yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at your watercolour tip, because it is sooooooooo true and you demonstrated that to perfection with this gorgoeus card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooooW! The Card is breathtaking!
    I loooov´ it
    Greetings & Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome "oops" with the wink of Stella! This turned out so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful. Appreciate the watercoloring advice too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Garbage! Love it, I'd say I agree! This is stunning! I love doing that with the wink of stella too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! You know I love me some watercolor, and this is perfection. It's all beautiful, with the glimmer paper and that label too. Good to "see" you my friend.

    ReplyDelete