October 16, 2016

Back To School... For The Very First Time!

Hello friends!

Holy moly, this girl needs to get her life together!  The last few weeks have been a struggle to keep my head screwed on straight.  Too much happening all at once and I'm not up to snuff to take it all on!  And yes, that relates to these projects... I promise.

I mentioned a while ago that my baby boy (my one and only child!) started school this year; we are almost two months in and he is loving every single day.  The dude is totally in his element.  He raves to me at pick-up each day about how much fun he's having and what he's learned.  It's so wonderful.

I took a few pictures on the first day of school - just snapped with my cell phone - and with my fabulous Selphy printer, I was able to print them off in minutes without leaving my house and get working on a scrapbook page and a Project Life page.  And then I set them aside and saved them, because I thought they'd be perfect for our October Artisan Design Team blog hop.  You know, the one I had already submitted projects for?  And I didn't realize that until about two days ago?  SIGH.  Seriously.  I need to get my life together.  (That blog hop is coming on Wednesday night, by the way!) 

So without further adieu, since these projects don't have a home, I may as well share them today!  


I whipped these up with the All Year Long Project Life kit.  But that's not a Project Life page!  Yeah, I know... I'm not THAT confused!  I love using PL kits and cards for traditional scrapbooking, too.  They're colour-coordinated, they're pre-cut, and they have matching embellishments.  It doesn't get any easier than that!

A little boy's first day of school deserves a special layout.  I love slotting traditional pages into my Project Life albums - they're a nice focus and a great break for the eyes.


But for all of those extra photos - Project Life is where it's at!


And I can add a bit of journalling, of course.  This was a pretty big day in our lives, after all!


Thanks for stopping by today - I'm off to my craft room to get next month's Artisan project done... for real this time!  Oi!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment