September 16, 2016

Instagram Tips in Action!

Hello friends!  How is your Friday treating you?  It's my son's day off school, so we are having a lazy day together.  It's 1:30pm and we're both still in our pyjamas!  He started school last week, and I started back to work after taking the last several years off with him, so it's been pretty chaotic around our house lately.  We needed a day of rest.  

Earlier this week, Stampin' Up! shared a tip I'd submitted on their Instagram page.  I know many of us are missing black embossing powder after it retired, and I missed it so much that I needed to find a work-around.  And that got me thinking... you know how the Archival black ink stays wet after stamping, and you need to either heat-set it or give it a few minutes to dry?  Hmm... 

So I tried, and it worked!  Yup, it's just wet enough to hang onto the embossing powder, and if you use clear, it picks up the black colour from the ink and creates a beautiful black-line embossed image.  Check it out! 


I was so happy to have discovered this, and I wanted to share it with you all.  I stamped the bird to stage the above photo, and since I won't let a little birdie go to waste, I whipped it into a card.


Blender Pens are fantastic for bringing some colour into stamped images - I love the smooth transitions I was able to get with this birdie! The DSP background and punched circle make this card quick and easy to whip up.

I hope this little tip helps you - and I'll let you in on a secret:  if you work REALLY fast, you can get a bit of embossing powder to stick to any of the coloured inks, as well!  Cha-ching!  Embossing powder in every colour!

Cheers - have a fabulous weekend.
Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment