August 23, 2016

Adventure Awaits - Happy Retirement, Mom!

Hi friends!  I have a beauty for you today, and this one has been a long time coming.

Back at the end of June, my beautiful momma retired.  She went back to work after my parents separated, and then embarked on an education and a new career while my brother and I were in high school.  She put herself through school while raising two teenagers, and then worked in accounting from the ground up, eventually becoming a department head.  And this year, she decided it was time to call it quits!  I made a really special card for my momma, since I was so proud of her accomplishments in her career and had worked so hard to finally be able to retire.


As you can see by this photo, I had already written the card for her when I photographed it.  The envelope in the picture is upside-down because I had already addressed it.  But two months later, that card has never arrived!  Canada Post let me down... and I've been holding onto this picture for two months in hopes that the card would come before I posted it!  No luck, so far, and so here it is.  I'll have to use my blog-post to recreate it for her one of these days.  Sigh!  

I really loved this card.  The simple style, the vintage-fancy touches of copper, the old-world globe, and the soft colour pallet of Pool Party, Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist, and Whisper White with touches of copper.  Why is it that the mail that never arrives is the most important stuff?!  Waaaahhh!

My blog posts will be sporadic for a while longer as my son and I are still on holidays.  As I write this, I'm at my mom's new home on the other side of the country, where she will be retiring in the city she grew up in.  She has a beautiful home on a quiet street with a pond and a creek in the backyard - it's beautiful and peaceful, and she deserves every wonderful moment here.

Love you, momma.  I'm so proud of you.  XOXO.

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment