July 21, 2016

Miss you, my love!

Hello, friends!  It's been a rough week.  You know when just about EVERYTHING seems to go wrong?  It's so frustrating.  I'm up to my eyeballs in stress and I'm ready for some reprieve.

On the upside, I did get almost an entire day locked in my craft room this week, which was a nice treat.  Mama needed some "me" time.

I'm really having a bit of a love-affair with this year's DSP.  I typically use patterned paper veeeery sparingly, but not lately... lately, it's been taking centre stage.  This card uses another design from the same stack as the last card - A Little Foxy - and this Smoky Slate and Whisper White pattern is much softer than the last one.  Oh, that stack is so lovely.  I thought I would use the colours more, but the grey patterns have edged their way to the front.


This pretty combo of Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight can be softened with a lot of white space - it makes for a more subtle look and takes the "punch" out of the bright colours.  Perfect for a softer sentiment, like this one.

Thanks for popping in today - I hope you have a fabulous weekend planned.  See you soon!

Cheers,
Shannon

2 comments: