October 26, 2015

It's Monday - Take A Break!

This time of year is chaos in our home.  I know I've mentioned this before.  It's the time of year when I'm my at my busiest with my business, and when my husband does most of his work travel.  It's a deadly combination!  We often don't see each other all week and then are ships passing in the night on the weekend.

So Monday has rolled around again and I'm not even sure where the weekend went, since I had three events in four days and barely sat down let alone saw my family!  The boy and I slept in this morning and are snuggled up on the couch right now watching vintage Garfield shows from when I was a kid, so I thought I'd sneak on and share a project.

This card seemed wildly appropriate for a day like today!


I made this paper donut with glitter frosting a few weeks ago with the intention of using it for a TGIF Challenges design, but it didn't pan out the way I'd wanted.  It sat on my desk for a while, and then I decided to pair it with coffee rings, a newspaper, and a custom sentiment for a fun card that channels a much-needed break at work.  Paper donuts are super easy with Circles Framelits, Crystal Effects, and a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds!  

Thanks for popping in today - and don't forget to take a break.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment